Todd County Animal Clinic was formed by Dr. George Brown in 1967. Dr. Brown was a 1963 graduate of Auburn University and had worked in Tennessee before purchasing Rose Veterinary Service and forming TCAC in 1967. Dr. V.T. Rose had practiced in the county since the early 1930's before selling his business to Dr. Brown. Dr. Brown practiced from 1967 until 2008 in our current building. During his years, Dr. Brown mentored many young people who aspired to be veterinarians. In 2001, John Laster began shadowing at Dr. Brown's clinic. Now, fourteen years later, John has returned home to re- open Todd County Animal Clinic.
John Laster is a 2012 graduate of Auburn University's College of Veterinary Medicine and native of Clifty, Kentucky. He grew up on his family farm and it is there that his love for animals began. Throughout his youth, John knew that he wanted to pursue a career in veterinary medicine. In 2008, John left Western Kentucky University after being accepted to Auburn' s College of Veterinary Medicine. During veterinary school, John was a proud member of Auburn's palpation team and an active member of the Alpha Psi fraternity. John moved to Charleston, South Carolina, after graduation, and worked in equine medicine and surgery. He also worked in Columbia, South Carolina, mainly practicing small animal medicine. John fulfilled his dream of coming home May 15th, 2013, and began planning to reopen TCAC. Please check our facebook page or give John a call for more information. We are a full service large and small animal outpatient center and we look forward to serving the Todd County area for many years to come.
Our founder, Dr. George Brown outside of his clinic in Elkton.
Dr. L with some of his favorite patients.